Walk4Hearing is a nationwide event bringing awareness to hearing loss and the importance of hearing health. On Sunday, June 5th physicians, caregivers, and families joined together to Walk4Hearing in Long Beach, CA.
Dr. Voelker was walking at the Walk4Hearing and met with many of her previous cochlear implant patients. It was such a joy to see her patients and their progress with hearing loss and hearing health.
Hearing health has no age range. There are infants and older folk who experience temporary or permanent hearing loss daily. It’s important to consult your physicians or audiologists to review your progress with hearing health and find alternative treatments. It is important to find treatment due to the high impact hearing health has on one’s quality of life. Hearing plays an essential role in our day-to-day life through communication, speech and language development, attentional abilities, and energy. Hearing loss is highly associated with increased rates of depression and loneliness.
Tips for safe listening?
- Consider a hearing test if you are exposed to high sound levels routinely (especially if you are a musician)
- Monitor changes in hearing status
- Be aware of safe listening levels and exposure
- Make use of appropriate hearing protection for your listening environment
To bring awareness to hearing health we must talk about hearing health! Here are some tips on how to start a conversation.
Start a conversation by:
- Speaking Up: If you have trouble following conversations, ask the speaker to slow down, repeat themselves, and face you when speaking.
- Stay Healthy: Eat healthy and seek emotional and mental health when needed. Seek help if you have depression, anxiety, or stress.
- Community: Seeks out a supportive community or build one. Connect with others who have experienced or are experiencing hearing loss. Talk it out.
- Technology: Try using a hearing aid or other technology to hear better.
- Act Now: Don’t wait months or years to do something about your gradual or unexpected hearing loss. Improve your hearing today. Act now!
If you are experiencing hearing loss, we offer a comprehensive audiological and otologic evaluations. We can offer rehabilitative support which may include hearing protection, hearing aids, cochlear implant evaluations, and counseling. Hearing health is important, and we can help! We offer individualized patient care.
At Pacific Head and Neck, we employ thorough evaluation and treatment regimes. To set up a consultation with a top Los Angeles ENT doctor, feel free to call us at (310) 477-5558.